- 1 cup semolina (rava/sooji)
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 cups water
- Oil or ghee for cooking
- In a mixing bowl, combine the semolina, rice flour, all-purpose flour, chopped onion, green chilies, grated ginger, cumin seeds, whole black peppercorns, and salt to taste.
- Gradually add 4-5 cups of water and mix well until you get a smooth and runny batter.
- Heat a non-stick or cast-iron pan on medium heat and spread a few drops of oil or ghee.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the pan and spread it in a circular motion to make a thin and crispy dosa.
- Drizzle a few drops of oil or ghee on the edges and cook until the edges turn golden brown.
- Flip the dosa and cook for another minute or until it turns golden brown.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or any chutney of your choice.
Enjoy your crispy and delicious Rava Dosa!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings